See PCW article in April 2013 issue of Washington Parent magazine.
Notes from 2013 Spring Forum: presentation from Common Sense Media held on April 11 at Landon School.
View PCW new tri-fold brochure.
Benefits of Membership
Benefits of membership
Network of Independent Schools
Access to a well established network of parents, schools, and students. This network can be accessed for a variety of resources including how member schools communicate with parents and build school community. In addition, parents of younger children can network with parents of older children to ask questions about “what’s next.” View Network of Independent Schools.
Access to Member School links, Webinars on timely topics, and a place for member schools to promote upcoming programs and open houses via a Community Calendar. The website also includes regular features such as Thoughts From a Head, an article by a member-school headmaster, and Question of the Month, where PCW answers your questions and Shared Resources and Information.
Speakers forums and information exchanges
For parents and school leadership of member schools on critical and timely issues of mutual concern to the school community. These include:
- Annual networking meetings – For PCW Representatives and Parent Association Presidents.
- Speaker on a subject of interest to parents, open to all schools.
- Best Practices Forums – The PCW facilitates a discussion for PCW Representatives and Parent Association leaders to exchange information on school practices and parent participation.
- Deans' Lunch – A yearly luncheon sponsored by the PCW where Deans of Students of member schools meet to discuss issues raised by students at the Student Leader Breakfast.
- Student Leadership Breakfast – The PCW hosts this annual event bringing together 2 student leaders from each member high school to discuss and share their thoughts and experiences on current topics on the minds of high schoolers.
- Middle School Student Leader Forum – The PCW hosts this event bringing together 7th grade students from each member school to discuss issues of relevance to middle schoolers. Middle school heads, counselors, and administrators are also invited and meet simultaneously to address common interests and concerns.
- Parent Resources - Links to online resources, relevant books, and access to Webinars on a range of topics of interest to parents.